SLIDER

Monday, August 1, 2011

Seeds

It's hard work growing a baby. This little thing - only the size of a poppy seed, or maybe a sesame seed now - seems to be zapping all 4 hours of my daily productive energy. On the bright side, Alex seems rejuvenated and 110 percent devoted to be the best baby-daddy he can be. This means twice daily foot rubs, popsicle runs, and even turning on the tv for me. Life is good.

Today marks Week 5. Apparently I am busy growing the baby's brain. Pretty cool. But that means I canNOT forget to take the folic acid that is supposed to prevent neural tube defects. No spina bifida for us. I am supposed to be experiencing some of the pregnancy symptoms such as breast tenderness, frequent urination, and fatigue. Did I mention I am feeling fatigued?!? No really, I am not sure if it's a factor of: A) being in Month 3 of summer vacation, B) not having ANYthing that I have to do, C) placebo effect from a positive pregnancy test, of D) actually being pregnant. I'm guessing the answer is (E), all of the above.

The other day, Alex was off drinking beer in the sun with his buddies and playing disc golf. I ask you, is this the picture of a future daddy?! j/k. But I, meanwhile, had been laying on the couch since taking the dog, willing myself to do something productive like put my cereal bowl in the dishwasher. I managed to drag myself upstairs, probably in effort to change from my pj's to real-life-outside-clothes, but somehow found myself back lying in bed. By that point I was fantasizing about what it would be like to get myself up and actually leave the apartment. I dreamed about what it might be like to trade my sweats pants for bike shorts. Instead, I fell asleep for about 25 minutes. And this is only Week 5?!? I think I'm in for it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design