SLIDER

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

10 Weeks

I'm feeling rather proud, today, seeing as how I'm busy growing a kumquat. I can't believe my baby still weighs less than an ounce and is about one-inch in length. Although I hear my uterus is the size of a grapefruit (rather than the usual pear-sized uterus I carry around), so maybe that explains why my jeans feel tight? Then again, I think I always complain that my clothes feel tight, unless I'm wearing Alex's size XL flannel penguin PJ pants and his brown hoodie.

My baby's limbs can bend! That's why I'm tired. Although I'm not doing yoga, per se, I think the little bean is. Baby Beluga's skin is translucent and its forehead bulges in the front. I think its cute like a cartoon. Then again, I'm crossing my fingers and toes that he/she gets a little less alien and more humanoid by the time we meet him/her.

I'm still oscillating between feeling mostly fine, and nearly-dead on the couch with a headache like that adorable baby hippo in People Magazine is sitting on my skull. I'm training myself to gag down more water, although that appears to be my one major food aversion. Still no barfing, but enough nausea to qualify as all-day sickness. I never have been much of a puker. I was one of those kids who needed to throw up, but held it in instead, at least for as long as I could. Doesn't work with the Devil Baby, though. Gross.

Alex and I decided that we, too, would join the masses and take "belly pics" (sidenote: that term for taking profile photos during pregnancy horrifies me; it sounds so trite). Here I am, 10 weeks along. As you look at the picture I want to remind you not to tell me that I "look pregnant." I'm pretty sure I look exactly the same as I did three months ago, which is not to say I'm happy with the pre-natal figure. But yes, my boobs have gotten bigger, and I don't want to hear about that either. Next time around, let's start about 20 ell-bees skinnier, k?

On a less whiny note, Alex is about the cutest baby daddy that could have knocked me up. Everyday when he returns from his 14-hour workday, he walks in the door, puts away his bike, gives me a kiss, and lifts my shirt to say hi to the baby. Last night I caught him with my iPhone video-cam giving the little bean a pep talk of sorts. Although he made me promise that I wouldn't post it, because "it's for us, not the world." It was fruitless to remind him that less than .000000000000001% of the world even knows I exist, let alone that I blog. But out of respect, I'll hold off from posting the adorable video - at least for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design