SLIDER

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Idiot! (said like Napoleon Dynamite)

I am SO annoyed with myself right now. I just bought about six times as much fabric that I need for my first quilt. And here I thought I was good at math.

The lady cutting my fabric, Doris, asked me what I was making.

"A baby quilt," I said.

Only now do I realize she was probably thinking, sarcastically, "Oh, sure, lady, you know what you're doing. You're buying 3 yards of fabric for a tiny ass baby quilt."

I spent $75 when I should have spent $20. I think there's a footprint on my ass - I've been kicking myself so hard.

I am, however, happy with my gender-neutral fabric choice. Although it's not necessarily what I want to base my whole baby ensemble around. Then again, that just might have to be the plan.



So peeps, help a sista out, what should I do with the remaining 5 yards of fabric??? Leave your helpful comments here ...

4 comments:

  1. Make a mini blanket for baby! We had one for Logan that we kept under him in the bassinet at the hospital. I loved it! Of course, this will only take up 1/4 of a yard....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really like the fabric you could do the nursery set out of it: crib bumper, crib skirt, curtains, etc. Decorative pillows. Pillow cases. You could make a papa version of the same quilt and then dad and baby could be twinsies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a Daddy AND baby quilt is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design