SLIDER

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lofty Goals

I woke up this morning feeling, like, 113% better than I felt yesterday. Both emotionally and physically. I'm not going to go so far as admit Alex might have been right when he "encouraged" me to go to the gym - especially now that my muscles are so sore after lifting weights for the first time in months - but I'm willing to proffer that working out did a little somethin'-somethin' for my psyche. Plus, when I went to the grocery store after the gym, a man asked me if I'm a triathlete. Wow, that must of been a really efficient workout.

I don't know if it makes me a good Oregonian or a bad Oregonian, but I love this weather. The cool overcast seems to have somehow lifted my spirits. Don't get me wrong, I don't look forward to the dark, rainy 9 months that is Oregon in the not-summer seasons, but it's a nice break from the 90-degree heat wave. And sunshine always makes me feel guilty. So now I'm couch-bound and guilt-free! Just kidding. I'm actually going to do more than two things today. I've got a laundry list of ideas that I crafted early in the summer, so maybe I'll be like Superwoman and do them all today:

- Buy cute fabric and make a baby quilt
- Paint the remaining two dining room chairs
- Return all those un-answered voicemails
- Make a doctor's appointment
- Spay the dog
- Vacuum the piles of dog fur
- Finish knitting the white blankie
- Organize my files
- Drop stuff at Goodwill
- Return GAP and H&M clothes
- Shop for maternity wear
- Sand, stain, and finish the coffee table
- Paint the makeshift tv stand
- Hem the IKEA-bought curtains
- Fold my laundry
- Go through grad school binders and papers
- Send my grandmother a card/check
- Merge my 403B into my Roth IRA
- Get life insurance
- Hem my jeans
- Backup my computer with the new external hard-drive

Wow, these are lofty goals. I guess I won't hope to get them all done today, but at least they are now written down, in one place, and make me feel a little more accountable. Especially because I have exactly one month before my life changes dramatically - I rejoin the masses and become a working person. I might as well make the most of these final four weeks so that I can look back on my "old life" with wonderment and joy. Then again, hindsight bias always does that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design