SLIDER

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Zzzz

Sleep. It used to be the one thing I was good at. A talent above all others. I could sleep in a car, on the bus, during a movie. But now, it seems this one thing is being slowly taken away from me. This is the third night in a row I have tossed and turned, woken up multiple times, and ended up on the couch. I'm not sure if this is some kind of sick training for when the baby is actually here, but I'm starting to feel like I might never have a good night's rest again. Ever. Hence my pregnancy bad-itude.

"Good morning babe, how'd you sleep?" Alex asks gently.

"I slept on the couch most of the night. I feel like shit. And I hate you."

"Ohhh," he says sympathetically. "I'm so sorry you had another bad night. What can I do for you?"

"It's your fault I feel like death. It's not the baby. It's you."

"Is it my fault because I injected my poisonous juices into you it created a demonic growth that makes you feel sick and not be able to sleep?"

"Exactly. You impregnated me. And now I hate you. I hope you're happy."

I spoke too soon in the last blog, saying that I was feeling "great" and "glowy." What a crock. I feel like I might never enter REM again, like the muscles in my jaw and shoulders threaten to creep even closer to my ears, and that I'm losing a bit of my soul each time I have fever-inducing diarrhea.

And what's with these hiccups?!?

But at least my fingernails are awesome. Seriously. They've never been this long and strong before.

1 comment:

  1. I found out about Jezebel's Tracy Moore way too late in my pregnancy. When I had these moments, laughing hysterically and finding out I wasn't alone definitely helped. http://jezebel.com/mother-load/

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design