SLIDER

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

18 Weeks

We got to hear Baby's heartbeat and see shim wiggling around inside my belly! In the picture below, Baby's head is on the left, and torso on the right, view from the backside. Cute little butt, huh?!? No report on gender yet, but I'm still betting on a girl. We will know in just a couple weeks, and in the meantime we'll have to figure out a fun way to tell our friends and family the news.


And here is Baby inside my belly.


I recently watched an episode of the NBC sitcom "Up All Night," the one about the birth of their daughter. I think the show is kind of stupid, but I caught myself laughing at several scenes that I can imagine as being true - the perfectly planned birth, nothing going according to said plan, a single-minded obsessiveness with a headband, feelings of "what are we doing?!?" My favorite scene was after the credits roled when Christina Applegate and Will Arnett were heading to their car to leave the hospital; they were surprised, even offended, that the hospital would just let them leave with the baby, with no instruction sheet of any kind. "That's very negligent of them," she says.

I can say, unlike my 24-page wedding itinerary, I have no birth plan at this point. It's hard for me to even imagine what a birth plan might look like, considering that is one of the parts of this whole process that I avoid thinking about entirely. Ouch and gross. Enough said.

As for my pregnancy, I am 18 weeks along, and genuinely feel pregnant. Physically, I feel a constant pressure in my lower abdomen, like something is impinging on my bladder. I pee and poo more frequently than normal, which I think is cool. The doctor said everything appears healthy and normal - good low blood pressure, nice fast Baby heartbeat, good Baby movement, all four Baby heart chambers, etc. She did nag me a bit about my weight, which apparently is on the lower side of normal gain. First time in my life, ever, that someone has told me I need to pack on the pounds. Alex now thinks he can spike all my food with peanut butter. I swear that the measly 5-pound weight gain is more a product of fat replacing my muscle loss, rather than inadequate caloric intake. Trust me. I'm getting plenty of calories of all kinds - cookies, fruit, pasta, soup, cheese ...


P.S. Don't worry Giz, you'll always be our favorite four-legged baby.


Here she is, keeping it long and strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design