SLIDER

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Results Are In

Thank you to those who voted. We tallied 16 votes for Girl, and 6 votes for Boy.

Drumroll, please ...


According to the ultrasound technician, majority wins!


We are expecting a little girl come early April. Although I suspect she will be here right in time to keep me in the hospital for my 30th birthday. Little rascal. The above picture is of her labia. Let it be the first and last picture to circulate the Internet featuring any of her body parts. Seriously.



Here is her sweet little baby profile. She has a small nose - at least for now!



And here she is, just shy of 20 weeks in utero, wrapped like the little gift that she is inside my belly. We are so excited to meet her, but are happy to wait at least 19 more weeks for her to properly bake. In the meantime, we have time to think of the perfect name for our little bean.

Having a girl is exciting. Well, having a baby is exciting, and whether it's a boy or girl, we would be equally excited. But since we now know she's a girl, it's time to think like the parents of a daughter. First of all, I've already banned any clothing or paraphernalia featuring princesses, angels, or anything too girly of the sort. Plus my daddy still calls me Princess, so the name's taken. Secondly, I'm not about to go all pink on this new little baby of ours. I like pink just as much as the next person, but I'm not ready for the pastel hue to take over my life. We have all sorts of plans to raise this baby with a "gender neutral" parenting style, in that we want our daughter to learn both cooking and fishing, and the same goes for our son. But that won't stop me from dressing my 6-month-old daughter in tutus or dresses with leggings or even little Ugg boots. Sue me, I'm making up lost time for not being much of a doll-player as a little girl. As soon as she's old enough to assert herself and show clothing preferences, I'll stop playing dress-up and let her try out her own individuality. I'm excited for the development of a little girl, especially language development, since they typically start speaking and reading sooner than boys. I'm most excited to see Alex as the dad to a little girl. I can think of nothing cuter. He's sort of this guys' guy on the exterior, in that he loves sports, can grow a thick beard, and socializes only with a beer in his hand. But really, on the inside, he is all soft and gooey like a Cadbury egg. He can be sweet as pie, and is often more concerned with how other people feel (even if he is sort of dense in his actual interpretation of how he thinks others feel, namely, me). He loves cuddling, hugging, and any other variation of affection. And he has no problem talking about his feelings and expressing his love or admiration for those closest to him. Needless to say, while I hope this daughter of ours turns into my own little best friend, I suspect she'll be a bit more of a daddy's girl. Which is just fine by me. It will make for sweet daddy/daughter photos, at least.

Needless to say, we are thrilled and excited and deliciously in love with each other and our upcoming bean of a baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jo and Alex!!! Your reaction to finding out you're having a girl reminds me so much of my own. And one month in, I can confirm that there's nothing as heartwarming and touching as seeing a doting husband become a doting father to a little girl. And while the majority of girl clothes are pink, Nora's aunt just bought her a silver tutu! : )

    Now we only need a few more baby girls before we can field the Dynamites 2.0 squad! : )

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design