SLIDER

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Resolutions, and, 28 Weeks

"I think I want to start eating more desserts," I told Alex the other day.

I think I'm the only girl who resolves to eat MORE fat and sugar at the beginning of the year. Especially when having seen the scale make a steady incline. So in honor of my resolution to eat more quality desserts, we made a variation of Oreo bark - melted dark chocolate chips with mint Oreos. Let's just say, we at our weight in cocoa and both Alex and I popped a few Peptos before crashing tonight.


As for the 28th week, I'm thinking that officially puts me in the third trimetster. Then again, my doc might have said that the technical cut off is the end of the 28th week, but who's counting. I'm definitely feeling a bit more tired, and I think I can finally blame it on the growing baby, carrying the extra 15+ pounds, and walking more for this rotation than my last. I must admit I've been a bit of a mess late. Not in any major way, but enough to feel silly. For example, I fell onto the lap of an innocent teenage boy on the bus the other day. No teenagers or unborn children were harmed in the incident, but I was certainly embarrassed in front of a bus load of commuters. Today I was sporting my brand spankin new white lab coat, when I decided to make a stop in the canteen after seeing a patient to indulge my own chocolate pudding craving. I felt a sneeze coming on mid-bite and couldn't do much to hold it back, sputtering chocolate loogies all over myself. And I no longer seem to understand the dimensions of my own body; I am continually brushing my belly against my coworker's chair each time I get up to get something from the printer, check with my supervisor, or pee for the 19th time. Also, there are now parts of my belly button that are exposed that I've never felt before, and damn is it soft. Like velvet. If it wasn't totally weird and unsanitary in the hospital setting, I might consider playing with my navel all live long day. We're hoping Baby Girl comes out feeling that soft, and then I'm guaranteed to want to play with her all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design