SLIDER

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Projects

We got a chance to putter around the house this weekend and I was able to complete a few more projects in the nursery. I'm super excited about the pink "accent" I used in the baby's room, although now I'm struggling with whether or not the rugs we bought are really a good match to tie everything together.

This is the little reading nook in one corner of the asymmetrical room. We had previously painted the walls a light grey and green, and added the pink to make it a bit more cheery and girly. On the bookshelf are some of the books my mom and I must have set aside for me many, many years ago. There are some oldies like Winnie the Pooh from when my mom was a kid, and some new books like Wildwood, which I bought Alex for Christmas. And then there is the Snoopy series of "question" books, because I think I was even more inquisitive as a child than I am now.

This dresser previously hosted about 1/3 of my craft supplies. I think we bought it for $20 at a garage sale a few years ago, before we bought our "grown up" Ikea furniture :). Anyway, Alex took care of washing the old dresser down with TSP, sanding it, and priming it with spray primer. I got to do the fun part - I painted the whole body of the dresser in the same pink, aka " cheery" from Home Depot, and painted each of the drawers in a grey chalkboard paint. And I am so pleased with the result! Unfortunately, the cuteness of this dresser brings out the drabness of the boring-but-free crib and changing table a friend of Alex's gave us.

Here's our dining room, and we finally put together some of our hangings for a wall gallery. I'm not as psyched on this one as I was on the one we did in our apartment, but it might be simply because I don't love this paint color. We're too lazy to buck wild re-painting every room, and this one is good enough that it's at the bottom of the priority list. So even though I'm not gaga over this decor, I'm sure once I get used to it I won't even notice anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design