SLIDER

Friday, February 17, 2012

My DIY Guy

Alex is ashamed. I'm proud. He built us a media cabinet! So yeah, it looks a bit like a modified chicken coop, painted white, but it's worlds above what we've used the past several years. And he just drafted it up, bought the parts, and did it all himself! I'm impressed. The only other thing I've ever seen with such handicraft is a wooden paper towel holder he made in high school. His parents still use it to store their Brawny wipes. So obviously we are at the beginning of our DIY careers, but I'm just so excited that we are both still so excited to do projects around our new house - it's been almost two months and the novelty still hasn't word off. That's a record for me!



And here's our newest gallery wall addition. Alex warned me that we can't cover each square inch of every wall with a hodge-podge of frames and knickknacks, so I promised him this would be our last. For now. But I am so pleased with how it turned out. It's one of the walls in our living room. There is an actual theme, which is just old B&W pictures. We managed to gather several that each have some sort of personal connection. From left to right, top to bottom: a photo of Alex's paternal grandmother and her girlfriends from the 40s or so; Alex's mom and aunt riding bikes as little toddlers; my mother and me, in a matching outfit form her father while stationed in Japan, and with matching haircuts to boot; some of Alex's family members at Yosemite, in what looks like the 50s or 60s; a photo my maternal grandfather, Popsi, took when he was overseas in WWII; my mom and her dad on her wedding day; my immediate family, dressed in old fashioned garb; my dad on a pony in the 50s; and Alex's dad and aunt as little tykes, probably around Christmas in San Francisco. Anyhow, I love the look, and doubley love the fact that everything is family history, even if we can't identify everyone by name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design