SLIDER

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gizzy, Interrupted

It appears we are having a bit of a dog problem. Not a day has gone by that I haven't scrubbed the cute nursery rug - Gizzy is seeking revenge for our lack of attention by pissing and shitting in the nursery when we are home. We invite her downstairs to hang out at our feet. We have begun walking her twice daily on a schedule. She seems interested in the Bean and eagerly licks her tiny baby feet. But still, she's marking her territory.

When I was first obsessed with getting a dog, I read Cesar Milan's dog whisperer books and remember learning about how to bring a new baby home. I wish I could draw on that wisdom now. We thought we approached it right - introducing the two, spending our initial minutes home with uninterrupted Gizzy-petting time. And periodic pets and pats while we laze around in bed. But still, she hides under the bed when we try to let her out in the yard. She won't come downstairs unless we are taking her for a walk or she hears me pour the dog food. And she pees. Multiple times each day. And now I'm out of Natures Miracle spray. My second bottle in the past month.

Anyhow, I'm feeling tremendously guilty about being a bad doggie-mama and need to seriously step up my game. Plus, if I'm gonna ask her to babysit Francie, she needs to prove she's responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design