SLIDER

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Due Date

Today is my official due date. It's crazy to think that we weren't even expecting Francie's arrival for another few days or so! But now, we can't imagine having had her at any other time or in any other way. It's like we got an extra two weeks to fall in love with our baby girl. Plus, we get Alex for an extra week of leave because of how Spring Break fell.

Time seems to be passing at lightening speed, which is what people warned me about. We spend our time sleeping in (our days don't get started until 10:30 or 11 am), feeding, walking the dog, reading parenting books (I recommend Happiest Baby on the Block, Breastfeeding Made Simple, and The Baby Sleep Solution), staring at Francie, kissing her, raving to each other about how much we love her, snacking, taking numerous photos, changing diapers and laughing about baby wet farts, and watching the occasional daytime television program. Okay, let's be honest, being home during the day, Anderson is again a part of my life. I argue his program is a quality news show, he a respectable journalist. Alex begs to differ, accusing me of flirting with a white-trash lifestyle, and negatively influencing our daughter. I defend myself, and Anderson's honor, but Alex won't accept.

"Oh great, now your daughter is going to work at Ross Dress for Less," he says.

My dear Francie, while retail will have its place in your life, please aim higher than Ross. I hate how disorganized the racks are, which would make it difficult for me to visit you at work. But I do like that catchy commercial tune about all the summer dresses.


Cuddle bugs.

Her eyes do open!

My happy little ladybug.

Sleeping.

Loves being in Daddy's arms.

The 80's called, and they want this baby to model high fashion. She'll have to plump up before her baby legwarmers actually fit her.

Bean!!!

Playing Springtime dress-up.

1 comment:

  1. That's the sound of me passing out from the cuteness.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design