SLIDER

Monday, July 2, 2012

15 Weeks

She is 15 weeks old today. She drools, she eats her hands, and today she discovered she has feet.

Today also marked my first day back to work, and Alex's first day of full time Daddy duty. It was partly nice to be back at work, but I'm mostly jealous about how much time my two favorite people get to spend together. I sort of feel like I'm on the outside looking in.

I did my first bicycle commute this morning and everything went very smoothly. I'm hoping to knock off some of those lingering pounds and also not have to worry about exercising after work (I don't want to spend any more time away from home than absolutely necessary). The coolest part about my commute? It will take me just 20 minutes longer, in total, than riding the bus. Sure I'm sweaty and give off a slight eu de BO, but half my patients wouldn't notice if I showed up having not showered for the last three months. It was nice to catch up with my colleagues and brag about the Bean. My brain definitely does not work the same as it once did. I'm slow as shit and have serious anomic episodes. I couldn't even think of "Lord of the Rings" this morning when trying to describe what Olympic National Park looks like. "It's like that movie that was filmed in New Zealand ... There were three of them, whats that called? A trilogy ... About those funny hobbit people ..." Needless to say, at least I have good compensatory strategies. I saw only two patients during my entire day (aside from tagging along to the ICU with my supervisor), one of them a 500+ lb. gentleman who was unable to even sit up. Welcome back to the Real World, his giant belly seemed to say to me.

It's a new chapter for the three of us wolves. Bur, that first chapter was such a good one that I just want to keep re-reading it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design