SLIDER

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Burgers

Cheeseburgers. Apparently that's our tradition. Romantic, I know. For our 3rd wedding anniversary we went out to Skyline Burgers last night. We had high hopes for an out-of-this-world diner experience. But the burger, fries, tots, and chocolate malt were just so so.

So this burger tradition or ours is entirely unintentional. Recalling anniversaries of old, we realized we ate at Little Big Burger in the Pearl last year, couldn't recall what we did for our first anniversary (other than devour our leftover frozen wedding cake). Even on our wedding day we stuffed our faces with beef and potatoes in the midnight hour.

For some ladies this lack of forethought in the realm of gifts, planning date nights, and overall underwhelming celebrations might be a problem. But for me, not so. In general, this is one arena where I'm pretty low maintenance. Alex knows that he needs just a few big surprises very intermittently in order to keep me satiated. And he's definitely made it count. Take his proposal, for example. Simply brilliant - he took me back to the first hike we ever went on together, me totally unsuspecting, and goaded me into picking a fight with him for not wanting to marry me. Then, bam! He gets down on one knee, whips out this beautiful ring of my mom's emerald in a new white gold setting, says "why do you think I brought you up here?" and asks me to be his forever-girl.

Another good one was our wedding day. He serenaded me. HE SERENADED ME! He set the bar pretty high for the singletons in attendance with his surprise rendition of "Yellow" - the song he learned to play on guitar when we first started dating.

So yeah, we might have eaten shitty Sysco burgers, forgotten to write cards or too stressed to exchange gifts. But we did spend the evening together, and with our baby girl, and enjoyed reminiscing about the best party of our lives, just three years earlier. Cheers, my penguino, to many more years of laughter, love, and adventure. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS you crazy kids! It makes a girl's heart happy to see those she cares about matched so perfectly! Here's to many MANY more!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design