SLIDER

Friday, September 28, 2012

J-O-B


I saw this on Pinterest today and it made me laugh. Only later did I really think about it. What does my interpretation of the sarcasm demonstrated here say about me? I thought it was a reference to the fact that when you're a stay-at-home-mom every day is like a weekend, because you don't have to be at work. Only upon further reflection did I realize this insinuate quite the opposite - that when you're a parent (a mother, really), weekends no longer matter because it's a 24/7 J-O-B. Just goes to show that: 1) I look forward to weekends because even if my baby doesn't allow me to sleep in past 7 a.m., I don't have to change out of my pj's if I don't wanna; and 2), I have yet to think of mothering as a "job," the same way being a wife is not a "job," and being a friend, daughter, sister, etc is not a "job."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design