SLIDER

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

36 & Quotable Pics

"You talking to me?"


Apparently this was a week of firsts. The Bean cut her first tooth. She cut down her first Christmas tree. She got her first maraca. I don't remember if I reported on certain details in my 8 Month post, and I'm too lazy/busy to check. Also, I have a sleepy baby attached to my front and am typing this while standing at the kitchen counter and rocking/dancing this little lady down. On that note, watching someone else's kid is an interesting endeavor. Babies really are all different, and it's a steep learning curve. I get through about 2/3 of a sentence before having to walk a lap around t (oops, lost my train of thought ...).

But back to the Bean, her hair is finally starting to come in. It's a strawberry blonde hue. It's not thick, per say. Or, at all. But she has a few long hairs, which we call "alfalfas." She very clearly, most definitely, without a doubt, reaches for me. And I love it. She especially does this when she is starting to feel sleepy or wants to nurse. She gives kisses, not on command, but an open-mouth slobbery mess. And I love it. She likes to play a game I call "give and take." This is where she hands me her Soothie, a rag or something equally fun, I take it and say "Thank You!" This makes her smile very proudly, like she just saved a puppy or something. And then I give the Soothie/rattle/rag back to her and say "You're Welcome!" This makes her smile again. And I love this, too.

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the last week or so ...





"stop.taking.my.picture. Goddamn paparazzi."


Baby's first Christmas - tree!

"Ugh, writers block. I'll never meet my deadline."

Baby in a hoodie. And in a Volvo. It's her car, anyway.

"Come here, Nesta, I just want to pet you real gentle."

Shake, shake, shake that maraca.

Teaching herself to crawl!

"Now if I can just distract them all, I'll be able to get that beer."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design