SLIDER

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

24 Days of Christmas

Thanks to BDA.

My dad surprised us (the Bean) with this project tonight. Growing up, my mom got us each one of those chocolate advent calendars every December 1st. Brian would eat all his chocolates in one day, without shame, maybe on the 15th or the 25th. I, on the other hand, would carefully sneak candies ahead of schedule, but then shut the door to the candy, and act as though Nestlé had ripped me off if I opened the door that day and there was no candy. When Brian was visiting for Thanksgiving, I got him one of the chocolate calendars. My dad said this - and maybe some dream visit from my mother - inspired him to make a fat-free version for Francie. And he's not even on Pinterest! That's right, he created this whole thing - from an over-the-door shoe holder. And he even painted the prime numbers red. Just because he's Al. He shopped for the toys at some chic toy boutique in San Francisco, just the kind I like. I'm having a difficult time not sneaking a peak ahead at the rest of the month, because its just so fun. So far we've opened a Baby's First Christmas ornament, and various (chew-resistant) number and math flash cards.

I've looked at this photo of my dad and the Bean together no fewer than 72 times because, well, because it just makes my heart sing.





3 comments:

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design