SLIDER

Friday, December 28, 2012

Jekyll and Hyde

Dec. 28, 2012

My husband has got a lot going for him. Obviously. He's funny, with his dry sense of humor and good comedic timing. He mostly caring and kind - did I ever mention how all the "marginalized" students flock to him, not the school counselor, to confess their hardships? He's athletically gifted and has a strong body - it took him until age 30 before breaking a bone, despite having played a D1 collegiate sport. He's smart, and if he's paying attention can recall details with ease. Plus he's got great hair.

But at nighttime, he's THE WORST. Jekyll and Hyde, I tell you. He's part whiny biotch, part mean bully, and all grouchy jerk. This ain't so fun with having a baby and all. Particularly, a baby who does not sleep through the night. Or even "through the night." With him being off from work on holiday break, and me orienting to a new hospital all week, I was hoping to catch a little break from feeling like I was 'doing it all'. No such luck. The last two nights, for the few hours I have gotten to sleep, I've spent the latter half in the guest bed downstairs, too annoyed-slash-pissed with Alex for being so UNhelpful in the wee hours. Did I mention I'm working right now and he's not? But he is rightfully tired, after all, because he stays up late puttering in the man cave, drinking beer, and watching Sons of Anarchy. I know it's his vacation and all, but boyfriend, give a girl a break, eh?!? This is one of those things that I will tell our kids for years to come - you know that handsome, super fun, silly daddy of yours? The nice parent? The funny parent? The yin to my yang? Yeah well, he's like a gremlin, unforgivably feisty at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design