SLIDER

Friday, December 28, 2012

Tis the Season

Tis the season of making, baking, decorating, get-togethers, and bows ... and of too many photos. Like you care about each detail of my past month. But guess what? I do, and it's my blog, and I want to remember what those yummy cinnamon almonds looked like, as well as the salt dough ornament of Francie's hand, her stocking, and each of the Christmas outfits Francie wore.

Baby's first stocking.

Slow-cooker cinnamon almonds = my default food gift. So.Good.




Handprint in salt dough turned (upside down) Santa ornament. One for the grandparents and one for our tree.

"Love" tops.

Santa whiled away in his workshop the few nights before Christmas ... 

Hahaha.

First attempt at needle felting - stocking for the dog. Somehow hers managed to be largest of the family? Then again, we use Santa sacks, anyway.

Auntie Katie and Scott visit! BFF Christmas brunch.

Homies. With books. Christmas books! Love, Auntie Katie.

Apparently "Larry" is destined to be in the Olympics after all.

We missed you, E.

It's not Christmas unless there are lace cookies. And I even made my mom's fudge recipe for the first time. My initial attempt was a disaster (I learned that "canned milk" means evaporated milk which is drastically different than condensed milk). My second attempt? Total success.

No fireplace means no mantel means be a little creative. Should have taken down the family photos and spaced out the Xmas cards a bit more. But I didn't even open all the boxes with holiday decor. Next year I'll actually decorate the house a la Nancy. Maybe.


1 comment:

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design