SLIDER

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Water Dragon Baby

Today we went to the family swim event at the local community center, just a few blocks away. We had to drive, because of Alex's busted knee, but at least the weightlessness of the water helped relieve some of his pain.

Francie has been swimming just one other time. We keep intending to sign up for swim lessons, but just haven't yet. Plus, I'm a tad bit paranoid about the whole drowning thing, and I'm not all that comfortable in the water myself, so it's easy to put off. But since she was born under the sign of the dragon, a water dragon, it's imperative she learn to swim. And her daddy so loves the water.

Although maybe he's not to be trusted ...

"You know what's probably really mean to say, but I want to do? I want to just toss her. I would like it if someone else did that to me, you know?," Alex says, as he's holding our baby in three feet of water.

"How about you can do that when she's, like, 7," I respond.

"But I could throw her further now."





1 comment:

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design