SLIDER

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Nursery

The nursery is more than a year old now, but I find myself loving it more and more as time goes on. The Bean and I spend lots of time playing in here, and I always have a million ideas about what else I could do to add to the decor, but I'm trying to keep it simple so there is room to grow alongside the Bean herself. Before I know it she'll have a say about what she wants on her walls - artwork, chalkboard paint, shelves for dolls, who knows. I'm not sure if I ever did post photos of the rooms details, so here it is better late than never.

Embroidery hoops with scrap fabric above the changing table.


Embroidery hoops - some scrap fabric and some embroidery: whale for The Bean, mountain goat for me, and penguin for Alex.


Pink paint + grey chalkboard paint re-purposed dresser, gifted piggy bank and baskets for lotions/potions and heandbands/socks.


Chalkboard paint is a perfect way to help Daddy remember where the clean baby clothes go.


Plant hanger repurposed to hold stuffed animals, cheapie Ikea coat rack, and handpainted whale.


Whale painting by Erika Lindland.


Prints by Sarah Jane from Etsy, cheapie Ikea frames.


Hand-me-down crib, re-painted grey and green walls, Sarah Jane prints, Pendleton blanket from BDA, mod-podged stool, homemade mobile, etc.


Book nook! Re-painted pink, "read" letters from Michael's, homemade embroidered alphabet.


Hand-me-down brown chair from Al, rug from Overstock.com (love it!), homemade embroidered alphabet, re-painted pink built-in bookshelf, "read" letters from Michael's.


Ikea bookcase used as bench and toy storage.


Embroidered alphabet.


The nursery in action!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the little details! I'm still working on Lady Iris' room...hopefully I'll have a blog post on it before her first bday as well ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design