SLIDER

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Break

Spring Break just means my husband sleeps in and I have two kids to pick up after. Just kidding. Kind of. But now that it's just barely over, I already miss having Mr. Man around to annoy and distract from: building a fence, doing our taxes, grading papers, and planning for the rest of the term. We had company all week, which was a huge help and fun distraction, and I think the Bean misses her Grammy (or that's just me).

This week the Bean is obsessed with "mama," climbing the stairs, and waving. She also cut yet another tooth - her top right central incisor just barely broke through the gums. She's been a teething over-achiever this last month, and I hope that explains her intermittent crankiness. We have continued success with night weaning, and now that Alex is back to work the Bean is back to 5:45 am wake ups. Which is still worlds better than waking all.night.long.

Saw a lady with three kids today - who can do that? It just seems crazy. Like, superhuman crazy. She was nursing her 3-month-old while feeding her barely-2-year- old. It is worth noting she had VERY grey hair. Like her face and hair color didn't match, her hair was so grey. Either the recent birth of #3 did a number on her, she hasn't gotten around to dyeing it again, or she's a suburban hippie. Your guess is as good as mine.

We went to a story/music gathering at a toy store in Lake Oswego this morning and it was just as you might imagine. A bunch of put-together moms in black yoga pants with a full face of makeup and their hair did. I wanted to ask each of them what their husbands did for work, that allowed them to stay home with their dear ones and look so fly. And then I realized I was wearing my new Bare Minerals makeup, black leggings with tall boots, and a long tight tank, and someone could have just as easily been wondering the same thing about me. But only if they didn't see me get out of my piece of shit "silver" Volvo. Or know that my husband is a third-year teacher. Ha. Fooled them. One mom told me that Francie "smiles with her whole face," which I thought was one of the nicest compliments. And then the Bean put yet another communal toy in her mouth, right next to the sign warning parents not to permit their children to perform oral sex on the toys, and should they disobey, return the toys to the cashier for prompt sanitation. But at least I wasn't the mom who let her daughter crash to the floor head first while fixing her very coifed hair. Not to say I've never done that, but no one has bore witness. Case in point - I'm typing this blog post on my phone while "watching" my daughter clumsily climb the stairs for the 72nd time. Accident waiting to happen, you say? You're right.



Baby stairclimber.


"Easter" dress.


Beer bottle = summer teether.


Playing construction at the Children's Museum.


Friends on their practice egg hunt.


New high chair from Grammy! (Brand: oxo Tot; we love it)


Attempting to dig postholes whole baby-wearing. It's all for show.


Grammy and Papa with their Little Darlin.


Cuzuncle Ryan.

1 comment:

  1. Are you weeding your flower beds wearing Miss F in a hiking pack?? So. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design