SLIDER

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dads are Cool

Happy Father's Day to the man who taught me: to swim, pitch a tent, ride a bike, survive in the wilderness, shoot a bow and arrow, that rabbits are food not pets, drive a stick shift, change a tire, balance a checkbook, ride a motorcycle, paint a room, dance, make lists, that money is fungible, to listen to Suze Orman, how to access podcasts, to watch Fox News "to know what the enemy is thinking," explore the world, to eat an entire carton of ice cream, to question the monkey mind, and that family matters most. Thanks for being a great teacher, a new grandpa, a strong supporter, an open communicator, an eccentric character, a good listener, and my favorite person to ask for help. Even at 31, I still need ya! Love you lots.



And the Bean says something that sounds like "daiyee." I think she means BDA rocks.


To my husband, the daughter of my little Bean. Thanks for loving her, and appreciating that I made her myself :) You're an amazing daddy, a fun co- parent, and you probably change more diapers than me. She loves her "dada" - and with good reason.


And to Papa Pablo - a doting grandfather, a fabulous FIL, and the man that showed my baby-daddy the ropes. Now if only you would move to PDX. Just think, as soon as the Bean gets a little bit older, she'll be just the right size for those hard to reach boat projects. Francie sure does love her papa (insert open mouth air kiss and love sign here).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design