SLIDER

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Uncle B

I cried this morning when he left. At first it was just wet eyes. But then I actually cried, the kind where I wanted to be alone for a few minutes. Alex always gets so worried when I cry, like maybe I'll combust and disappear if I do indeed shed a tear. He doesn't get the "I want to be alone for a sec" thing. He's like, "oh let me hug you and love you and smother you because you're sad." I guess the hugs are nice after all. But I still miss my brother.

It was SO great having Brian visit for a few days, and I'm so grateful he and his new girlfriend, Zahavah, made the long drive from their new place in Tellruide before the season starts. But it sucks to know that I'm not going to see him again for another 5 or 6 months. I wish it was just normal to hang out, eat dinner, joke about Portlandia, and watch the Bean play. I wish I could just call him up and see if he wanted to go to Costco with me. Or stop by on my way home from work. Or spend the holidays together. Or ask him to watch the Bean so Alex and I could catch a movie. I wish that he could join us with Al for random family dinners. Or take turns loaning Dad our "reliable" cars. Or reminisce about various aspects of our childhood or Block Island or Telluride. I wish seeing him wasn't just a twice a year thing. I might have been trying to overcompensate by taking so many photos. I won't deny that. But I love my brother and miss him already. And I know the Bean does too, because she keeps asking for "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." Just like she did that first morning when she cute-begged for him to wake up and play. She's convincing like that. Best.iPhone.video.ever. I will have to figure out how to post ...

Until next time, Uncle B, the Bean will announce "B" each time we eat bacon. Now that's what a call leaving a good legacy. xoxo



Brother, Sister, Bean.
 
Hiyah, Powell's.
 
Yeehaw, B.
 
High gives.
 
Smiles.
 
Googlee-eyes with Uncle B.
 
Reading time.
 
Reading time.
 
"Dining out" with a toddler = Qdoba.
 
Queen Bean.
 
Bye, I love you.
 
Kuh-kuh and tattoos.
 
Family.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously teared up at that last pic when she's holding both their hands! The cutest! And I totally feel you on the whole missing the bro deal - I'm lucking to see mine twice a year too! :( Glad for relationships that can pick up right where they left off though!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design