SLIDER

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holidaze

There was some definite Mrs. Claus'ing this holiday season. I managed to: 
1) send out holiday cards to over 120 people - many of whom I barely know, but like to touch base with once yearly (like my 3rd grade teacher, or my mom's college roommates, or long lost but once adored friends);
2) make several pounds of cinnamon-sugar roasted almonds for coworkers, daycare teachers, and neighbors; I have been saving peanut butter and jelly jars for the last several month, spray-painted the lids, cut out some festive fabric, and ta-da, we have Christmas goodies;
3) create the Pinterest-worthy frame+wire contraption for displaying Christmas cards received; since taking the photo below, we've received nearly two dozen more;
4) labor over the winter "jelly roll race quilt" for my in-laws; I'm still not enough of a perfectionist to call myself a true quilter, but I am definitely getting a little bit better with time, and am pleased with the final product; 
5) I "pinned" a few wooden craft ideas for Alex to make, including an iPad holder for recipes and a Michigan-shaped address for Brian and Jen;
6) put together some "before" and "after" kiddo photos for both Alex & Brian and myself and my Brian;
7) sew up a last minute holiday skirt with the fabric for her 21 month photos (that I have yet to post)

Cinnamon-sugar almonds

Holiday card display

Jelly roll race quilt in "Winter's Grey" fabric by Moda

On display at Close Quarters

Logan and Francie decorating the felt Xmas tree Auntie Rach made last year

Eating with the tractor fork from Beebee's advent - she also got a tool puzzle, tutu, wind-up elephant, bear, washcloth, bath bubbles, headbands, sunglasses, dino tattoos, scratch-and-sniff fruit stickers ..

Toddler circle skirt

Alex-made Michigan address

Wooden iPad holder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design