SLIDER

Monday, January 6, 2014

Year in Review

It's hard to summarize a year. But you know what makes it easier? Having written this shit down. On my blog. As it happened. That's the point, after all. Sure, I'm supposed to be some sort of an expert in attention, memory and cognition, but let's be real for a minute, I can't remember anything unless it's photographed and written down. So here's my few minutes of reminiscence about 2013. From what I can tell, it was a great year, full of good family time, sprinkled with some friendly celebrations of marriage and babies, and punctuated with fabulous holiday celebrations and a kick-ass new couch. Here's the year in review ...

January
We rang in 2103 with good friends, including the Franzke’s staying with us a few nights.
I met up with my WR ladies in Yakima to celebrate Baby Girl Shine’s pending arrival.
The Bean (finally) started crawling.
I was offered the part-time Polytrauma SLP job at the VA, specializing in working with veterans post-TBI. Essentially, I secured my dream job.

February
Fleas. We had fleas.
My besties and I celebrated the Future Mrs. May at McMenamins Edgefield.
Alex was told he needed surgery to repair his torn ACL from skiing with coleagues in January.
The Bean’s first word was “dah," referring to the dog, Gizzy.

March
Baby Vivian Shine was born 3/10/13.
Francie turned 1! We celebrated with a red balloon party a la Goodnight Moon.
Gizzy "went to a better place." She was serrendipitously re-homed with a friend of my dad's.
Alex built a front fence over Spring Break with the help of the dads/grandpas.

April
The Bean finally started sleeping all night regularly.
Baby Max Menne was born 4/5/13.
TThe Bean and I took a trip to Denver to meet the beautiful Baby Vivi and organize her nursery closet.
Alex survived ACL surgery.

May
Uncle B visited.
I started my new job at the VA. Chris watched the Bean.
All three of us attended WR 2013 with hubbies and all 5 babies at a fabulous rental house in Hood River.

June
Alex and I ate vegan for a month after watching Forks Over Knives.
Alex wrapped up his first year at WLHS.

July
We took our annual visit to Tahoe to celebrate the 4th, and the Bean went for hikes, played in the sand and learned to walk fully on her own!
The three of us flew to SoCal to celebrate the May wedding, and we got a week of vacation at Newport Beach with my BFFs.
 
August
We took our first family camping trip.
The Bean started daycare.
Alex started coaching JV2 Boys sccer at WLHS.
We crashed the Franzkes for a summer Bend visit.

September
The Bean, Al and I flew to Indy to celebrate Laura + Garret. Alex met us there.
We tried to prioritize finances, including tracking, spending, and budgeting.

October
We kept our adventures local, and were blessed with beautiful weather – punkin patches, HS football games,  walks to April Hill Park, Fruit Loop.
Francie dressed as strawberry, trick or treated at a few neighbor houses, and helped to pass out candy.
We had fleas. Again.

November
We hiked at Multnomah Falls, and Francie actually did a fair amount of hiking herself.
Uncle B visited with his girlfriend, Zahavah.
I completed my first full-size quilt – a “jelly roll race quilt” - for Laura & Garret.
We spent Thanksgiving with the Flynns.

December
“What does the fox say?” dominated the radio waves at our house.
We cut down our Christmas tree, Francie sat (and cried) with Santa, and she experienced her first hot chocolate and roasted marshmallow.
We finally purchased and received our fabulous new couch!
The Bean got her 1st haircut.
We spent a wonderful Christmas in Tahoe with my dad and all the Close Family. The ratio was 7 adults to one very spoiled child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design