SLIDER

Friday, February 14, 2014

From Valentine to Vomitfest

V-Day is for lovers? Or for vomiters.

My day started like this, with a nice visit to our Valentine at his work ...


Where the Bean got her first rose from an "older suitor" (one of Alex's students) and totally rocker her tutu for the second Vday in a row ...


And then the day turned into this ...


Toddler projectile vomit in a moving vehicle is no joke. There's no time to dwell on dormant barf-phobias when you're a mom. But I guess there's time for a photo?!?

And yes, before I got my child out of her puke covered carseat (eu du Greek yogurt + red velvet cupcake), I ran into the house to get a pair of disposable gloves and a towel to wrap her in and a piece of gum to distract me from the smell), I peeled off her clothes in the front yard (as she whined "code, code <cold>), and left them there until Alex's arrival home. I then got to change a poopy diaper, before dipping her in a steaming hot bath (scalding water has GOT to kill germs, right?) I called Alex to request his early departure from work, citing a state of emergency. But to no avail.

So I ate a Xanax. Apparently Francie did too.



She hasn't barfed since, but I'm waiting for my turn. And by waiting I mean dreading. And by dreading I mean still eating Xanax and pacing in my room and covering the couch in towels and washing my hands every 12 minutes. poundsignmomoftheyear.






2 comments:

  1. Hopefully - it was just an upset tummy and nothing more! Next time I hope I remember to take a picture! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of course I was in a panic over the threat of norovirus invading my home, but she was just one-and-done! Thankfully. But she did foil our plans for a nice long weekend at the beach with friends :) And I should count myself lucky for making it to nearly 2 years old without ever having her barf. The picture is gross, I know, but then again that's just how my family does it!

      Delete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design