SLIDER

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

(Stuff Jo Made) - DIY Fox Toddler Hoodies




I've never done a how-to on this blog, mostly because I don't do anything difficult enough to justify a "how-to," (I mostly just steal inspiration or actual instructions from DIY/craft blogs/Pinterest/etsy).

But since I do like to take pictures of and document the things I make (so that when it comes time to go through all the boxes in the basement, we can rationalize throwing out "sentimental" handmade things, because at least we might have a digital image somewhere for posterity). So consider this my first go at a DIY post. Without any actual instructions. Or photos at each step along the way.

I made three fox sweatshirts back in March for the 1-2-3 birthdays in my life. BFF's kids, Logan, turned 3 in mid-March, and Max turned 1 in early April - and Francie turned 2, also in mid-March. What's cuter than dressing your favorite kids alike? Nothing. My inspiration was, in part, related to the now-iconic "What Does a Fox Say" song/video (link here if you need a pick-me-up or a "earworm"). But also, foxes are really hot right now, and I like to keep up with the animal trends (think: owls, headhogs, giraffes, and lately, flamingos). Really, I think I just saw a cute kid in a hoodie that happened to have a fox on it somewhere along the way on Pinterest, and thought, "I could make that," so I linked to this tutorial:


I then scoured etsy.com to find some other inspiration, such as this:


So onward I pedaled, purchasing the cheapie Circo (Target brand) hooded sweatshirts, I drew my own foxy design on printer paper while looking at online examples, cut those bad boys out to see how they looked all laid out on the sweatshirt, chose different color felt for each kid's fox, cut out said felt, and hand-stitched the felt pieces to the hoodies with embroidery thread while watching too much House  or Royal Pains  or something on Netflix. And voila, we have homemade matching toddler fox hooded sweatshirts, per images below. Cute enough, no?








And it was impossible to get them all still - looking at the camera at and angle that showed off their hoodies - but you get the idea ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design