SLIDER

Sunday, November 30, 2014

(Just Pics) - Giving Thanks and Eating Turkey

They say being thankful is good for your health. While that might very well be true, I'm not sure the same can be said for the butter-soaked Thanksgiving spread we use to celebrate. But I am grateful for that nonetheless. And so are my New Year's Resolutions. Seriously though, I've been a bit selfish lately, and didn't even really take the time or energy to meditate on the many, many things in my life that I am so very fortunate to have and enjoy. First and foremost, I have been born into relative wealth - food in my tummy, a roof over my head, an intact and loving family, wonderful educational opportunities, and the privilege to live where I want doing what I want. More specifically, I'm thankful for my husband and daughter, my brother and father, my inlaws, my very best high school and college girlfriends, my Maplewood, and my job working with veterans with TBI/PTSD. (And chocolate chips, Hank Moody, dairy products, good bookstores, and Apple products).

And my health. I am always the most grateful for my health. I'm not necessarily the very best about respecting my "body as my temple" (note to Dad: don't leave those Reese's cups AND chocolate malt balls AND leftover chocolate chips AND candy corn at my house if you don't want me to end up overweight and diabetic before the New Year), but I am very fortunate to have a mostly excellent health record. While Thanksgiving is a great opportunity to practice being grateful, I think it's more important to do this on a daily basis, and not just around the holiday. I could use the reminder myself these days, though.

And on to pictures, most of which are poor quality, for reasons that escape me, other than to blame my husband for poor iPhone photography skills ...

This is what my dad and the Bean made on their day together Wednesday. When did Al join Pinterest anyway? I've never even crafted anything this elaborate, by myself, let alone with my toddler.

Turkey Day at the Flynn's.

Laura made a super-stylish table setting. Obvi.

Our 9th Thanksgiving together. Ninth?!? How is that even possible.

This girl blurs all the pics lately.

Jo, Laura, and Francie.

Eating one of those cookie/candy turkeys ...

... and the subsequent sugar high. That proud belly is omnipresent, not a result of the 1,500 extra calories.

She's "on" this phone all.the.time.

I love this face.

Baby massage.

Duck face? How does she even know that?!?

My aunt and uncle Carol and Jeff were in town from Indianapolis.

And they brought this AWESOME leisure suit, which the Bean proudly rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design