SLIDER

Monday, January 12, 2015

(Bucket List) - Shooting Guns

Last week my dad took Alex, the Bean and me to his "gun club" in Sherwood to shoot. Apparenly it only costs an old man somewhere in the ballpark of $100 for a yearly membership. I think we were the only car there without an NRA or veteran or Bush sticker on our car. According to Dad, I've shot a gun before, sometime when I was in early grade school and we lived in California. I have no recollection of such an event. So it has remained on my Bucket List as not having been completed. Until recently.

It was fun, sure, for the novelty of it all. But it was also damn cold outside. Reynaud's disease does me no favors. And we had a toddler with us. And guns are just scary. The liberal in me was anxious and conflicted about the event. My dad taught me how to load the bullet, aim at the target, and I admit to being pretty damned satisfied when I hit that tiny little metal piggie and knocked it onto the ground. But it was kind of like gambling - once I "won," I was done. Quit while you're ahead, I say.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design