SLIDER

Saturday, February 21, 2015

(35 Months) - 2 Years; 11 Months



Toddler Translation Guide:

"Freeroad" = freeway, as in, Mama are we on the freeroad now? Go faster!"
"Mugisk" = music, as in, "I'm gonna play you guys some mugisk on my guitar. Whatt song do you like?"
"Pregnick" = pregnant, as in, "I'm pregnick! I'm growing a baby in my tummy."
"Sku-oorl" = school, as in, "When I'm a big kid can I go to big kid sku-oorl?"
"Yestertime" = yesterday, as in, "We went to the museum yestertime."
"Am't"  = am not or ain't, as in, "No, I am't."
"Swanich" = sandwich, as in, "I wanna be the swanich!" Meaning she wants to be in the middle of a family hug/cuddle
"Flamily" = family, as in, "Flamily day!"
"Askident" = accident, as in, "I had askident with Beebee today."
"Busted to the children's museum!" = Children's Museum or bust

Quotable Quotes:

Francie: "When I grow up I be a doctor."
Me: "That's a nice idea, why do you want to be a doctor?"
Francie: "To fix people. Maybe their heads. I be a doctor."

Francie to me, while changing from my work clothes to PJ's. And yes, we taught her that word. Because she has an epic one. "I see your FUPA!"

"I hope you don't break other cars!"
Said when we  leave for work. I think it's her version of "drive safely, but not so sure where she picked this up.

Me, smothering her before bed. "Do you like my kisses?"
Her: "No."
Me: "Why not?"
Her: "Because you're not my husband."

Me, leaving before work, Francie wanting me to stay home. She grabs at my wedding ring and says "I want it." I laugh and tell her that no, it's my wedding ring and I wear it everyday. I ask her why she wants it? "Because it will make me feel better," she says. 

"I'm growing a baby in my tummy. Oh, my water broke. In the garden. Because I have a baby in my tummy. Boom! Look, a baby! It's very tiny."

Lying in bed one evening she tells me I'm pretty. I inquire as to why she thinks so. "I just do. You have long hair."

"Mama when I grow up I get some new teeth."

When we try to sing a nursery rhyme along with her, "No, I sing first then you sing the first time."

Pointing to my ring, "can I have this when you die?"

Francie: "You want to see my booger?"
Me: "No why would I want to see your booger?"
Francie: "Because it's gross."

"Mama I don't want you to die eeeeeeeever."

"I don't know where people go when they get died ... Maybe she's home."

"What makes people feel less sad sometimes?"
"Ummm, water."


Other Notable Things:

- It's fun to watch her try and learn certain concepts, like the idea of full names and why some of us have the same last names and some of us don't. As in, when I was trying to tell her Grandma Nancy's name, she kept adding "Close" to the end of the name.

- She started taking dance class this month. Cutest.Thing. Ever.

- We moved the queen-sized mattress from the guest room to the floor in her room. If she wakes us up in the middle of the night I can just go sleep with her.

- She regularly asks us, "how was your day at work, mama?"

- She regularly makes up her own songs and sings to herself.

- Obsessed with doing Ring Around the Rosy as a family.

- Now watches TV shows, sometimes in bed with me on a Thursday or Friday when I'm trying to eek out some more sleep, or other times we will sit on the couch together and watch a show. So far it's been Sesame Street/"Elmo" or Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. We've attempted some Curious George and some movies like Milo and Otis or 101 Dalmations, with not real luck. Admitedly, I actually kind of like watching Daniel Tiger with her. Unfortunately for us, TV still does not serve as an electronic "babysitter." Which I'm mostly grateful for. She also obsessively watches mind-numbing nursery rhymes on YouTube on Wednesdays with Beebee.

- Frequently each day showers us with "I love yous," totally unprovoked

- Reliably knows her days of the week, unreliable counts to 20, reliably represents numbers 1-10 on her fingers

- Knows her birthday and city/state 


Photo Recap:

Post-dance breakfast in Hillsdale.


Toddler ballet. I die!


Japanese Gardens is not really for toddlers/preschoolers.


Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?


Sometimes when she's awake I want her to nap, but when she sleeps, I want to wake her up and smother her with kisses.


Bfast visit with cousin Melissa.


First time skiing!


Ready to buck the gnar.


Never too touch to pose for the paparazzi.


Just two ski bunnies.


Daddy and Mama, reliving their ski bum days at Squaw.


Tahoe Vista beach with Papa and Nesta at sunset.


Happy 60th, Mimi!


She brought some Tahoe style back to suburban PDX with her. So fly.


Home Movies:

- Toddler dance class, tambourines:
   

- Toddler dance class, obstacle course:
   

 - Mama Called the Doctor:
   

 - Skiing, with daddy: 


- Skiing, with mama:
   

 - Gnarbuckling toddler:
   

 - Piano time:
   

 - What happens when Beebee babysits:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design