SLIDER

Sunday, July 26, 2015

(Stuff Alex Made) - The Deck

The week before last my in-laws were in town for a visit - and to assist with our deck extension project. It was kind of reminiscent for me of when I was pregnant and we purchased our house. I went to work one morning from our apartment, and came home from work to our new house, all the stuff already moved in. Except this time, with the deck, I went to work, my MIL babysat the Bean, and my FIL and his BFF, Chuck, helped Alex demolish parts of the old deck, extend with new deck, and rebuild the railings and stairs. It's simply perfect. Our back deck  no longer feels like that of an apartment, and instead like a blank canvas to make enjoying our backyard as inviting as possible. Our next task is to commission my dad to consult on landscaping. No here's hoping The Big Cacadia Subduction Quake doesn't happen too soon to enjoy the fruits of the family labor.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design