SLIDER

Monday, August 31, 2015

6th Anni


Alex and I celebrated six years of marriage this weekend. And by celebrated, I mean I posted a picture and declared my continued love of my spouse on social media.

"Happy 6th Anniversary to the man that never fails to make me laugh ("instead of a movie we could just sit around and motorboat each other on the new rug"), supporter of my outside-of-the-box dreams (housetrucking anybody?), and all around best camping partner (I never have to lift a finger). Such a serendipitous meeting at the Tahoe World newspaper office that May day in 2006. Proud to have called you my fellow Oregonian, my coworker, my friend, my roommate, my luvah, my favorite person, my travel companion, my fiancé, my husband, and my baby daddy. I would vow to "love you as long as I am able" all over again right now. xoxo to many more years of good health, lots of laughter, and random-ass adventures together."

Seriously though, I thought about several fun things we could do to celebrate. Hot air ballooning. Renting a Harley. Going for a long hike or bike ride sans Francie. Do a tree climb. Because last year was a hard act to follow - we went for a few nights away in the San Juan Islands. This year we decided on taking our Bean backpacking for her first time. But then the weather forecast was nasty, and Alex got a cold. So we did mostly nothing. And that was just fine by me, our last weekend of the summer. A "staycation" if you will. I gave Alex a photobook of the boudoir pics he took last anniversary. Also, I wrote him a candy poem; the sixth anniversary gift is "candy," so I drafted a nice little love note using candy bars for some of the words. Only, I never did go buy the candy. So I just told him about my idea, and recited my poem for the family (it's the thought that counts, amiright?!?). Then we went for a family truck ride to Home Depot to buy me a new rug (it's like walking on a cloud, but our vacuum doesn't like the high pile, so we'll see how long it lasts). If boudoir books and home décor isn't love and romance, I don't know what is. Also, we watched part of Charlotte's Web, the movie. That's amore. All sarcasm aside, I sincerely love this shit out of this man, and don't really know how I scored a sweet, caring, hilarious, athletic, up-for-anything guy to call mine. Forever. For-e-ver.



Alex and Francie enjoying our new cloud rug and looking at my boudoir photo book. Seriously. If we can't teach our girls that they are supposed to be objectified young, and when can we? We then followed it with our wedding album, of which the Bean quickly became bored.



My dad sent us a sweet text and an actual card via snail mail. The Close's bought us an umbrella for our awesome new deck.


#youknowyou'reinyour30swhen ...


Flamily truck ride!



***
I edited this post to add my cheesy candy poem that I never did even make:

Hey BIG HUNK,
I'm a NERDS, so feel free to SNICKER at my note, but I just love you to REESE'S PIECES. I SKORed when I found you. SO TAKE5 to read six things I love about you on our 6th anniversary.
1) You make me LAFFY TAFFY.
2) You are a SMARTIES pants.
3) You're one HOT TAMALES.
4) You're the best daddy to our SUGAR BABIES.
5) You are FUN DIP to be around and a total SWEETARTS.
6) Basically, you're my LIFESAVER.
I wouldn't trade you for 100GRAND.
NOW&LATER and always,
J
P.S. Now ROLOver so I can touch your WHATCHAMACALLIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design