SLIDER

Monday, August 10, 2015

(Just Pics) - Mama Time

After being out of town or with houseguests for several weekends in a row, and with the Hubs home for the summer, the Bean and I haven't had as much one-on-one time as we get throughout the school year. Alex had a bunch of stuff he needed to finish around the house/deck/truck, and had a GWAC camping trip over the weekend, so Francine and I caught up on some good ole Mama Time during my days off. On Thursday we took a stroller ride to Multnomah Village, played at Gabriel Park, and had a picnic dinner at April Hill Park. On Friday I took her for her first Big Kid Hike, a two mile out-and-back in the Gorge, to Wahclella Falls. I bribed her with ice cream at Salt n Straw. Saturday found us hanging at the Alberta Street Fair all day long, followed by viewing half of The Fox and the Hound on the couch while eating a dinner of popcorn and Popeye smoothies. And on Sunday we ate brunch out with a college girlfriend.




Stroller ride to the Village and Gabriel Park: "These help me see better than motorcycles. I have six eyes. Not in my brain, but outside my brain. I don't baby books. I want 4-year-old books."


Big Kid Hike! She's walked around Tryon Creek and Forest Park and in the woods behind Mimi and Papa's house in Tahoe, but this was her first official trailhead-ed hike.




A grand total of 2 miles roundtrip took us 2.5 hours.







A swimming hole that Alex would have enjoyed.



PB&J pit stop.










She insisted on climbing up these roots, instead of walking the switchbacks. I kind of doubted she could do it, that she would instead get stuck midway up. She proved me wrong.


Alberta Stree Fair shwag.



First face paint.


Ceramic elephant art.


Second face paint.



Making magnets, Waldorf style, with Harlow. #notblackface

Balloon animals and hotdogs and canned Shirley Temples.


Dee found a four-leaf clover!



The Fox and the Hound and popcorn/smoothies for dinner.

NoPo brunch with Meg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design