SLIDER

Saturday, September 12, 2015

(Just Pics) - Day Date

I asked Alex the other day when the last time we had fun together was. He was quick to name a few recent adventures - camping, Victoria, Ireland - but I pointed out that all of those activities were in the company of others. I'm pretty sure we've been to the movies and to dinner once or twice, but the last purposeful, grown-up, active date we went on was in February to Skamania. That's fucking pathetic. 

I'd been itching to do something more active the last few weeks, and thank goodness for on-call Beebee because with the good weather I was wanting a no-kids-allowed hike, bike or motorcycle ride. So today we spent several hours poking around the Gorge. We hiked Triple Falls and then some - about 6+ miles in total - and then gnarbuckled up the ravine to Oneonta Falls. Surprisingly, despite having both grown up in Portland, neither of us had ever bothered with the Historic Columbia River Highway stop for Oneonta. Today we and about 409 other people were escaping the heat by climbing over logs, wading through waist deep water, and taking iPhone photos of the picturesque falls. Then we got Dutch Bros and returned home to our favorite little Bean. Who was on a Day Date of her own with Beebee, hitting up a Beaverton parade and playing at parks. It was just what the doctor ordered - I blasted the music on the drive, walked as fast as I wanted, and had uninterrupted chit-chat with my husband. 

Trailhead. 

Triple Falls or maybe Horsetail Falls bridge. 

Triple Falls lunch and foot soaking. 

Alex and A LOT of other gapers.  

Oneonta Gorge. 

There's a lotta aquasocks up in herrr. 

"All of my reproductive parts are now up inside of my body."

Waist deep wading. 

More reach-arounds. 

He swam, I did not. 

Tunnel vision. 

Meanwhile, on the home front, these two went on their own Day Date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design