SLIDER

Friday, November 20, 2015

(44 Months) - 3 Years + 8 Months




Highlights from this month:

- She really enjoyed Halloween this year, totally getting the joy of trick-or treating, and giving out the candy

- She got a major fat lip when she fell running at the coffee shop. Only her second ever bigger "injury." There was lots of blood. And after she screamed and wailed she said, "My lip is inside out!"

- She talks more regularly about having dreams and even nightmares. They are usually the stuff of a 3.5 yo fear, like, "I dreamed all the neighbors were gone," or "I dreamed I woke up and no one was here."

- She has become much more independent in her playtime at home

- We had her first-ever teacher conference at her daycare/preschool. We learned a lot about her that we already know: she likes to play with everyone at school, but also to be alone; she loves to practice writing letters; she regularly uses her manners; is mostly ahead of the curve in all of her target/milestone areas; she talks a lot about her family; she loves eating breakfast every day with her daddy

- She basically sleeps in our bed every.single.night, and it's starting to drive me nuts

- She had her first-ever "play date," when we dropped her at Charlie and Iris's house and went to brunch by ourselves

- She no longer sits in a high chair, and has now taken over my stool at the head of the table

- She has a new baby doll toy, a cloth black boy, whom she named "BG"

- Dinner visit with Uncle Brian: "Daddy! Your brother is here!!!"

- No more diapers/pullups during nap time at school

- "The poop coming out of my butt really feels like a squashed pumpkin."

- While talking about who would maybe be our go-to babysitter in the future, if ever:
"Mama. would you ever leave me like that?"

- When walking with Daddy:
F: "I have friends in high school."
A: "Who are your friends in high school?"
F: "I don't know. Who are YOUR friends in high school."

- While getting a bath from Uncle Brian: "Mama, will you leave us alone please?"

- When choosing happy dreams, "I'm going to dream about your brother."

- Always curious to learn the good stuff:
F: "Mama, did I come out of your belly button?"
J: "No, you actually came out of my vagina."
F: "But how did I get in there?"
J: "Well, your daddy planted a tiny seed. And then you grew and grew and grew inside my tummy for lots of months, and then when you were born  you came out of my vagina."
F: "Did Daddy plant the seed in your belly button?"
J: "No."
F: "Where did he plant the seed?"
J: "It's a just a special way mommys and daddys plant seeds together."

- "I'm doctor Francine. Let me make you feel better" (hug)

- She got a flu shot and was so brave she never even cried!

- "If I had my own baby I would share it with everyone. If I walked by a person I would let it hold it."

- Potty talk is regular at our house:
Me: "Ooh, my butt smells. Sorry."
F: "I can't smell it. Do you have to go to the doctor?"
Me: "I hope not. "
F: "They could fix your butthole. That's what doctors do."

- While taking a flakily ride in the truck:
F: "What kind is your truck?"
A: "It's a Ford."
F: "I'm threed."

- After returning from my trip to Denver: "Mama I'm so glad you're still alive."

- "Soon he (Beebee) will die and no one will hang out with you. But I will."

- To Beebee: "I need to put on lipstick and make a few phone calls and then we can go to the museum."

- Mimi and Papa time for several days while I was at Denver.


Family portrait; we are laying down or swimming

Biking with Uncle Brian

Brothers



Channeling Wednesday Adams

Cake pop for flu shot

Twinsies: "Mama, I want to wear boots and a scarf like you."

Her photos skills need some coaching. Women don't love you to highlight their thighs.

Lunch date with Laura.

Monroe's 2nd bday party.

Francine + Harlow = cute kitties

Channeling Diane Feinstein and Madonna during our family photo shoot.

Best writing skills. Duh.

Channeling Grandma Nancy?

WHERE did she learn "smoking" and "cigarette"?!?

Children's Museum on a Beebee Day.

Marshmallow for Halloween.

She likes those big boys.

Zoo day with Mama. Loves maps too.

Fat lip :(

Playdate = Grownup-only brunch date

Tea Party with BG.

First sports class at SWCC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design