SLIDER

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Writing Aspirations: A Children's Book - "Just One More"




"Mamaaaaaa. Daaaaaaaddy. I'm ready to go downstairs for breakfast now."


That's Francine. Her parents call her Bean. She is three years old, and she'll tell you just that while holding up her thumb, pointer, and middle fingers, the way her Beebee taught her. She lives with her Mama, her Daddy, and her grandpa, whom she calls Beebee, lives in another house in the back yard.


Francine loves breakfast food, whether it's morning, noon, or night.
"One more pancake please, daddy?
"You can have just one more, because you're the cutest little piglet I ever did see eat."


Francine loves to play at the park near her house.
"One more swing please, mama?
"I'll give you just one more push, because you're the cutest little butterfly I ever did see fly."


Francine loves to play ukulele while her daddy sings and plays guitar.
"One more song please, daddy?
"We'll play just one more song together, because you're the sweetest little songbird I ever did hear."


Francine loves bathtime, splashing and swimming in her tub.
"One more bubble squirt, pretty please?
"Here is a bit more soap, because you're the cutest little fish I ever did watch swim."


Francine loves to read before bed at night.
"One more book please,daddy."
"Okay, we'll read just one more story, because you're the cutest little bookworm I ever did see."


Francine does not love going to sleep at night.
"Lay with me just one more minute, mama?
"Okay, we can snuggle just one more minute, because you're the cutest little cuddlebug I ever did hug."
"Give me one more kiss?"
"Okay, I'll give you just one more kiss, because you're the sweetest little lovebug I ever did know."


Francine finally went to sleep for the night. But before the sun had time to come over the horizon the next day, Francine was raring to go.


"Mama, I'm ready to go downstairs for breakfast."
"One more minute, please Bean," Mama said sleepily.
"Daddy, I'm ready to go downstairs for breakfast."
"One more minute," Daddy croaked like a frog.


"Okay, mama and daddy, you can sleep for just one more minute, because you guys are the biggest sleepy bears I ever did see."

"Was that one minute yet? Because I'm ready to go downstairs for breakfast now."

2 comments:

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design