SLIDER

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

(Just Pics) - Thanksgiving 2015



"Teacher Liz is thankful for nuts."













"I'm thankful for Teacher Josh. Actually, I'm thankful for Teacher Josh AND my friends."
Um, what about your amazing and beautiful and hilarious parents?!?



And later...


"I'm thankful for pizza."

Me, too, Bean, me too.




Meanwhile, I am insanely grateful for a husband who not only cooked most of this food, but also CLEANED THE ENTIRE KITCHEN while I went to bed. So yeah, he totally pulled this holiday hosting thing off.




Our Thanksgiving week was full of family, friends, and holiday events. The Bean got to meet Baby Hannah. My dad's sister, Aunt Mary Ann, recently moved from Branson, MO to Vegas and was in town for the week. We hosted our first Turkey Day on 54th Ave, with a small but hilarious group of 9. The fam #optedoutside and went sledding at Hood on Black Friday. I (reluctantly) attended a crowded Christmas Tree lighting and got away unscathed by terrorists. Francie rejected Santa's advances. And we ate Thien Hung. The weather was cold but clear. I'd say we won.







Girlfriend was OBSESSED with holding Baby Hannah (4.5 months). Then again, so was Alex.



Netflix and chill?




Beebee Day with Aunt Mary Ann, too!




"What are you thankful for?" crafts with the Bean.



The man, the myth, the BBQ'd turkey.


Sneaky first bites.



I am grateful for Madam Secretary, Garett, so thanks. And I'm also thankful we watched the last episode last night.






We so fancy we ate off IKEA paper plates. Lots of leftover. Alex: "What do you do with all this stuffing? It's like, who do I know that's homeless that would like this? I couldn't come up with anybody."




Turkey groupie: me, the Bean, Anna (Laura's BF from college) and Kolin, Aunt Mary Ann, Garret, Beebee, Laura, Alex.



Holy dessert eater. Chocolate pie, ice cream sandwich, punkin pie, oh my.



Not much snow, but enough to enthrall this preschooler. And her daddy.



It's all fun and games until someone pops the River Rat.



Flamily sled ride. And then it popped.


Current mood.




These two are my faves. Even if she was a whiny beeatch with cold hands.



Mama and The Bean.



We survived the Pioneer Square Christmas tree lighting.
Me: "This is not how I want to die. Singing Christmas songs in a crowded square in downtown Portland. At least I'm wearing clean underwear."
Alex: "Yeah, it's clean now. It won't be, if, you know."


Downtown P-town with Aunt Mary Ann and Beebee. And deer.




Someone got a fancy new holiday dress. And new gold glitter boots.



She thought she was the belle of the ball at the Expo Center Christmas Bazaar.



Santa's hand is a little, ahem, friendly.



She accepted his candy cane, denied his lap, but complied with a group photo. She was concerned that he didn't say "ho ho ho" like he's supposed to.



Loves her some fake Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design