SLIDER

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

(What's Good) - 12/15/15

The Bean talking and laughing in her sleep (in our bed all night, from 10 p.m. on).


The Bean's mismatched PJ set - ballerina monkeys on top, too-small butterfly hearts on bottom.


Oatmeal.


What's good, really good? My therapist. In stark contrast to my dad's report that therapists are essentially paid friends. This "friend," Kathryn, she is a spectacular listener, the dictionary definition of empathic, smarter than me, eloquent and supportive, and in some ways knows me as well or better than the people closest to me in my life. And the thing is, she needs nothing from me. Which is what makes her not a friend, but a paid provider. There is nothing reciprocal about the relationship. No expectations. No needs. She gives, I take. And that's good. 


Flexibility to use Sick Leave for appointments during work hours, when I already have childcare.

Talking about my feelings with the Hubs - over text message. 

The generosity of one SLP at the Pittsburgh VA who spoke to me for nearly 30 minutes about Master's-level research involvement.

Roasted broccoli. 

The pitter patter of little feet (that I just tucked into bed) saying to me in the shower, "can I join you?"

Christmas lights to brighten these short dark days. 

Flossers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design