SLIDER

Thursday, December 17, 2015

(What's Good) - 12/18/15

Friday! And two weeks off for the Hubs. 

Again, toddler fashion. I will be so nostalgic for this stage of dress. 

Our Maplewood neighborhood coffee shop. For a million reasons. But also, they have THE best mochas ever. 

The Bean's response to missing her community center Sports Class: "well, I don't really mind. I might be nervous anyway."

The Bean's joy over popcorn while waiting for our tired to be rotated at Les Schwab at 8:15 in the morning. 

Looking at random job opportunities. My work at the VA, while in some ways my passion and dream job, is also a detriment to my mental health, perpetuating my own hopelessness demons. I came upon a part-time work-from-home position that I'm likely not at all qualified in, but am energized by its mere existence. 

The friendly elderly woman at Kaiser who was so impressed and enamored with my daughter, reminding me to view her through the eyes of others. She is sharp, has good manners, and a great sense of silliness. 

It has been another trying afternoon. Part external annoyances (how did we survive before the Internet?!?) part baditude about said annoyances. Silver lining? Vacay this week will feel even more rewarding. That's good. 

Broken internet means I couldn't do what I had planned for during Quiet Time, so instead I rested my eyes for 20 and started a new book. That's pretty great. 

Packing and podcasting. And the house is mostly clean, which will make fir relatively stress-free departure for our long drive to Tahoe at 6 in the morning. 

Papa Murphys pizza bit may not be great for our bodies, but convenience food is, well, convenient.

Author Lisa Genova. I picked up her newest book, Meet the O'Briens, at the library this week. About a man with Huntingtons disease. I hope someday to write a novel along the same lines (she had a neuroscience background).

Long hot showers. A guilty pleasure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design