SLIDER

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

(What's Good) - 12/8/15

The Bean staying in her own bed ALL NIGHT! And the first thing she asks for while still waking up is doing her advent in the morning - looks like she and Beebee will be baking brownies tomorrow, maybe to bring to the neighbors or her teachers or something to help foster giving and kindness.

The Hubs going into work 30 minutes later than usual, so having bfast/coffee as a family.

Stopping at Safeway en route to work to buy a last-minute potluck contribution of chips and salsa, and getting salami to eat in your office before even 9 a.m.

Getting the very closest spot in the employee parking lot. #neverhappenedbefore #winning

"Hey Jo. I like your boots .... Hey Jo. I like your dress ... Hey Jo. You look pretty as always." Working with a veteran whose life could be considered a miracle, and the amusing social communication of a survivor of severe traumatic brain injury.

The admin woman, whose name I embarrassingly don't even know, and her always greeting me and calling me by name, her contagious positive attitude, and her outgoing but kind demeanor with staff and patients alike. We could all stand to be employees/colleagues/service people a bit more like her.

My patient, the one with a severe brain injury, his caregiver told me today that she always likes my outfit, and that I remind her of Barbie. I mean, what girl who came of age in the 90s doesn't want to look like Barbie?!?

A painless department potluck/meeting, despite my dread. 

Making a mod-lodge reindeer ornament of this year's Santa pic with my best girl. 

Not reading trashy magazines at the salon. I read one Claire Danes article, and then mostly did nothing. And totally enjoyed the conditioner head rub. 

Coming home at 9 pm and finding my sweet Bean sleeping on the couch. It tickled my heart.

"Mama did you get your haircut? My hair is shorter than yours. Because I got a better haircut."

I have this certain laugh - one that only Alex or Francie can elicit - that reminds me exactly if my mom. Of the way she laughed at my dad. Or Dave Barry. This deep throaty chuckle that really feels just like she sounded. 

The house not flooding. That's good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design