SLIDER

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

(Just Pics) - Babies, Brides, and Barfing

Each, Jo, Erika (not "the" dress), Hannah, Katie and Cindy (tuning in to cry via FaceTime).


Erika and Karl got engaged just before Halloween, and are planning to marry at her dad's place in Washington this August. We planned a quick girls' weekend during the MLK holiday to visit her place in Marin County and make her feel the love before she ties the knot. We went wedding dress shopping, played with Baby Hannah, guessed Rach's brewing bean is a girl, and .... I barfed. A lot. In the most violent of ways. Apparently I should have never made that Bridesmaids movie reference when we were at one of the bridal shops. My bad.

I was grateful to be able to participate in at least the dress shopping that netted E's final choice, and glad to be in a comfy house with a bathroom I could call my own. Especially since I spent nearly a full night calling the bathroom my bedroom and praying to the porcelain gods. So.NOT.Fun. I haven't been that homesick in ages. But at least I found myself able to cry again. And my friends spoiled me with trips to the store for ginger ale and vitamin water and were even good sports about skipping brunch out in Novato in favor of cooking a "bridal brunch" at the house. Needless to say it was not my best of vacations, but definitely with the best of friends.


Oakland airport arrival, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

First does stop, bee-you-tee-full bride.

White fabric abounds. But who's she kidding anyway?!?

E asked us in a creative and sweet handmade photo album to be in her wedding party. Our kids already all said 'yes' to their flower girl/ring bearer roles.

The ladies.

Quick drive-by to the Full House, and then my parent's "Scott Street" house in SF.

I'm watching you.

Hannah and Erika.

Feeling badly for myself.


My Saturday night digs.


My Bean totally inherited my pun-y sense of humor.


Hannah, 6 months going on 2 years.

Brunch at home. I actually ate something - Rach's coffee cake no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design