SLIDER

Sunday, January 3, 2016

(Stuff Jo Made) - Attempts at a Grand Romantic Gesture

I desperately wanted to have a "good story" to tell for Alex's Christmas present this year.

This holiday season inspired me to make a grand romantic gesture for the man I call my hubby, BFF, and baby daddy - but to no avail. Call me shameless, but c'mon, wouldn't this have made for a cute 30-second radio segment during the holidays? I sent a version of the following email and YouTube video to a few local radio stations, and even Nathaniel Ratcliffe's manager himself. Yeah sure, later I learned that I could in fact buy the concert tickets off Craigslist, but where's the romantic fun in that?!?


Dear XXX,

I am writing with a desperate plea for concert tickets, the sold-out Nathaniel Rateliffe shows at the Wonder Ballroom January 23rd/24th.

My husband, Alex, and I met nearly a decade ago when we were working together at a daily newspaper/entertainment weekly in North Tahoe. We were young, free of responsibility, and lovers of live music. He was a reporter/editor for the entertainment weekly so he had access to concerts on the regular, a part of the job he loved (that, and skiing/photographing famous shredders). Since then we moved back to Portland where we "grew up", got "real" jobs, bought a house, had a kid, and spend nary a night out on the town. Needless to say, my husband Alex hasn't been as excited about new music since, I don't know, the dawn of Jack White. But the Nathaniel Rateliffe & the Night Sweats album has rocked his world. And as you can see in the video posted below, our daughter, Francine's, too.

As soon as I saw his enthusiasm I knew exactly what to get him for Christmas. Unfortunately, I'm a bit behind the curve here, and both Portland shows were promptly sold out. So here I am, pimping out my 3.5 year old daughter, with a desperate request for concert tickets to surprise our main man with on Christmas morning.

I mean, how cute is this family dance party? It's not even staged. Just a regular Monday evening before bath time. Can you really say no to this sweet 3.5 year old face?!?

I'm all for some homemade creativity in this holiday season, even if video editing ain't my spiritual gift, so thank you for your time and (fingers crossed) generosity.

Warm regards,
Jo


Watch the video here:


1 comment:

  1. You guys are all too cute! Love seeing Francie having a blast with her Daddy and Mommy being the camera person. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design