SLIDER

Sunday, January 3, 2016

(What's Good) - 12/31/15

Sleeping until daylight.

The Bean in her adorable new Seven brand clothes from B.

Her half-day at school. Charlie and Iris back from vacation.

The substitute teacher telling me, "She is so great. She has just the best personality!"

The new member of our family, a tiny stuffed dog named "Eyebrow."


Cool air and sunshine.

TV in the daytime.

Writing thank-you notes.

The comfort of knowing I don't have to go anywhere or do anything tonight. No NYE plans is a good thing in my book.

Despite my reluctance to have a "Frozen" loving child, it is adorable to see her sing and dance to the CD she bought me for Christmas, and now her new "Let It Go" microphone courtesy of Laura and Garret.


Recap:
I've been compiling these "What's Good" blog posts daily for a whole month now. I can't say that I feel as though my outlook on life has shifted in any significant way. But I have come to enjoy the ritual of attending to and recalling all the nice things that I experienced each day before retiring to bed. I've never been ignorant to all the amazing things in my life; I've always been grateful for good fortune and a whole hell of a lot of privilege. But I am curious about how to narrow the divide between gratitude and happiness. They say that increasing mindfulness and gratefulness lead to improved mood and quality of life. This month was not short of many beautiful and pleasurable experiences - it has been vacation - but I don't know that I would feel confident making any bold statement about having become an optimist or feeling more content or happy on the inside. I do know that while I benefit from the nightly ritual of reflecting on the positive, I am certainly looking forward to not having to type it out on my tiny iPhone screen. Then again, that lack of accountability makes me that much more likely to shirk the habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design