SLIDER

Sunday, February 14, 2016

My Valentines


In the words of Katie's dad, Happy VD!

Or in the words of Francie, "it's a perfect day to wear hearts!"

I sincerely- like, for reals - could care less about these kinds of Hallmark holidays. But I do appreciate an excuse to have some tradition in our family life, especially if treats, gifts, cards, money, or love is involved. This was the Bean's first time exchanging Valentines with her friends at school, so I justified a trip to Paper Source and together we made superheroes. I got Alex a calendar on sale for 50% off (some of those "someecards" crack me UP). I hoarded a bunch of the Bean's Christmas presents and put one out this morning. 

The rest of the day was a normal Sunday - lazy morning, Alex slept in, the Bean and I went to church (because apparently I do that now), Alex played soccer, we had a flamily Disney dance party, and watched Jungle Book over a series of short viewings. It's basically a Saturday, because as public servants we have tomorrow off. Which is the holiday part of the weekend we all actually care about. 


Last night we had a fancy grown up catered dinner with three other couples at the Hubbards. They hired the strangely mature 5th grade boy next door to watch the kiddos, quarantined to the basement, while we drank, ate, and played a few rounds of The Newlywed Game. Thanks to that, I ended my evening annoyed at the Hubs for sincerely claiming he does 70% of the housework. That's right folks, he is that brave. Or dumb. Lucky for him he answered some other questions that cracked me the fuck up.
"Where was your first date?"
"Lunch."

"Craziest place you ever had sex?"
He said conference table (at the newspaper), I said airplane or ferry boat. 

"What's your favorite part of your lady's body?"
"Abs." Abs?!? Seriously? Abs? I'm not sure I can even claim that I have any abs. A stomach, yes, but no real abs to speak of. 

Needless to say, my valentines message to him was as true as true can be - there is NO ONE I'd rather ask to clean the kitchen. 

Elephant juice (mouthed it looks like "I love you") to my favorite Valentine. 

The Bean thinks her daddy is a superheroe, and im just impressed she wrote that whole "daddy I love you" all by herself!

My dad has always been so good about acknowledging all holidays and traditions, big or small. 

For both us and the Bean. 

Thanks to aunt Barbara Doherty for the Xmas craft gift that I just pulled from the archives today. It was fun to build the tree. 

Especially since the Bean and I just discovered the joys of crafting together. 

Now THIS is a true love Valentine message. 

Daddy-daughter Valentine's tea party. Disney princess plates courtesy of Beebee. 

The sexiest V-Day gift? A man who fixes my things. Like my printer. And tells me so by typing and printing a love note. Or makes me no-soliciting signs to protect me from giving out his phone number to every Tom, Dick and Earl selling bathroom remodels or window insulation or Comcast cable packages.

1 comment:

  1. what church do you go to? apparently everyone does that when they have kids...who wouldda thought? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design