SLIDER

Monday, March 21, 2016

(Just Pics) - 3 Year Old Year in Review





I'm an obsessive archivist, which likely comes as a surprise to exactly no one. I do it because I want to and I like to - I have a terrible memory for timing and details of things like this, and I love love love being able to look back on what happened when, especially when it comes to this parenting business. So yeah, I still take a monthly photo and recap of my daughter, all through her fourth trip around the sun. And intend to do so until she is 18 and no longer within my legal control. But also, I hope this serves as a good resource for my Bean in the future. Something to look back on, to compare and contrast with her memory of things, to reference if and when she becomes a parent, and to help memorialize just one perspective on our family history. I do worry if and when we have a second kid if I'll be able to maintain this level of devotion to both offspring. Then again, the Dead Mom Card is always a motivator to get photos, thoughts, quotes and memories on paper for posterity.
























And to throw it back even further, here's the collage from each month when she was 2 years old:





And each month when she was 1 year old:
  
And the overly ambitious weekly photo in her first year. Of note, I would NOT do weekly again for another child. For the most part, just because the photo collage is not aesthetically appealing. And I would do face shots, not full body, on a monthly schedule, like I have done since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design