SLIDER

Monday, March 7, 2016

(Stuff Jo Made) - I'm Gonna Be An Auntie





My brother, Brian, and his wife, Zahavah, are due with their first baby - and the Bean's first cousin - on Cinco de Mayo this year, a girl! Having never been a true blue auntie before, I've been surprised by how excited I am. It's just so cool - there will be another little person running around with some of the same DNA as Francie, and of me! I'll get to see my brother as a father. My sister-in-law as a mother. This weekend in NY Zahavah's family hosted a baby shower, and I sent along some DIY crafted goodies, including the embroidery hoops above of Cali, NY, and Block Island. Unfortunately for her parents, Baby Girl Hartman is coming at a time when I seem to just want to make things, whether there is any real utility or talent to the craft or not. Luckily they are living in a new place with a whole new room to decorate - the nursery!

This is definitely one of those times when, if I think about it hard, I desperately wish Bri and I lived closer to one another - to raise our kids together, to be a part of each other's daily lives. I do hope that our girls can grow up to be close, despite the geographic distance that will likely always be there. I am jealous that Zahavah's nieces, Callie and Ella, are just a ferry + short drive away. I was lucky enough to spend a good chunk of time each year with my Ferguson cousins in Indianapolis, and am more than happy to have Laura and her husband, Garret, here in PDX and a major part of our lives. There really is something special to cousins - even if you're not the best of friends, at least you can complain about your parents and grandparents to one another.

And here is a beautiful picture of Z's baby bump from when they were in Puerto Rico this winter. I told her she should print this and hang it in the nurdery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design