SLIDER

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

(Stuff Jo Writes) - Portland Moms Blog: Becoming a Frozen Family

disney princess


Portland Moms Blog published my first piece, about my learning to "thaw" my "Frozen" heart and get some good feels about Elsa and Anna, the Bean's most favorite sisters of Arendelle. I mean, she did say to me this morning, "Mama, I think you're even beautiful-er than Elsa and Anna." Now if only I could learn to braid my hair like that.


***
Becoming a Frozen Family: Learning to Love Disney Princesses


We recently acquired two new members of the household. They are sisters who wake me every morning with their Broadway vocals, doff their dresses to join my daughter in the bath, and hijack at least 78% of our family’s dinnertime conversation. I was never particularly interested in making the acquaintance with these Disney princesses of Arendelle, but have gotten pretty used to having them around. They are Frozen’s Elsa and Anna, I loathe to admit that they might even be growing on me.


Click here to continue reading this story ...

1 comment:

  1. Your article was spot on with our struggles surrounding Princess culture (leading to reluctant acceptance) this whole parenting thing isn't as easy as I thought it would be:)

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design