SLIDER

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Back on the Baby Train

If you feel like you can't keep up, just imagine being Alex. Or me! I can barely keep up with myself sometimes. 

As for family planning and fertility, we more or less stopped trying, and actually preventing, during the Winter. More recently, and I couldn't even tell you when, I was ready to throw out the condoms. I think it maybe goes without saying that Alex has been consistently, unwaveringly, eager to throw out condoms, for myriad reasons. 

On the eve of the eve of my 34th birthday  I find myself on a Saturday morning at the Beaverton Kaiser pharmacy picking up: hydrocodone, antibiotics, and a urine sample cup. And my own mental timeline that I best get knocked up in the next three months if I want to keep myself off that "advanced maternal age" list. Nearly 9 months after the referral was initially placed, I am finally scheduled to get that HSG test in radiology. 

They will catheterize my uterus and inject dye into my Fallopian tubes to check for blockages and what not. This is Kaiser's final step in infertility assessment before initiating any kind of treatment. It's not supposed to feel real comfortable, so I'm arming myself with some Vicodin and a full day of daycare for the Bean. And then probably some chocolate peanut butter ice cream. 

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you the best of the best, in whatever may come. (awkward) HUGS (because I'm not sure if we're close like that , but I'm a hugger). :)

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design