SLIDER

Friday, August 26, 2016

(Just Pics) - The Uncles Trip, Part 2: Block Island

The second leg of our Uncles Trip had us up and at em quite early, in fact, so early it would better be considered late for the night before. But we made it from Detroit to Block Island in the same day, without a hiccup to whine about. Although we didn't get a ton of time with Uncle B, we certainly enjoyed our fill of Baby Hazel time. And also playing at the beach and in the warmish Atlantic.


Fast ferry from Point Judith to BIRI.

F insisted we sit inside. I had to go on the deck to ensure I wouldn't barf.

Baby Hazel seems a bit overwhelmed.

There was  A LOT of this. Both the tongue and Francie holding Hazel. Girlfriend loves herself some babies, especially baby cousins. "I'm her big sister!"

Watermelon in the sand.

Her happy place - playing in the sand at a beach.

Twinsies - apparently I have an obsession with dressing kids alike.

The only place I am a kinda fun mama - playing in the sand with the Bean.

And I'm ALWAYS up for cuddles.

You can pick your nose but you can't pick your cousins or your cousins' nose. Good thing she got one (a cuz, not a boog) that she adores!

Beebee, channeling Grandma Nancy, is psyched about these two little girls. Here's wishing they have lots of opportunities to talk and play and grow close. Especially if the Bean ends up an Only, it is one of my greatest wishes for her and Hazelnut to feel something like sisters.

More baby holding and posing.

Uncle B!!! He works hard. Both at work and at home. Hazelnut seems a bit ungrateful here though huh.

Paparazzi. Entourage.

Outside B and Z's place.

Family pic in front of one of B's restaurant's, The Atlantic.

Obsessive kisses. "Isn't she so cute?!?"

Yes, yes she is. Maybe one of the cuter babies I've had the privilege of knowing.

I got the occasional turn to hold her.

But mostly I had to battle Francie for a turn.

Those lips. Hers, I mean.

More kisses.

The three of us took a hot and humid bike ride to the North Lighthouse.

#selfie

Beach bummin. State Beach is PERFECT when you have kids. No wonder I never went in my 20s.

Transforming a girl into a mer-girl.

"I'm just like Ariel!"

Beers and babies.

Outside Uncle B's other restaurant, Eli's. AWESOME food and service!

Francie, B, Hazel and Z.

Siblings. Family. Cousins. Love these guys. So lucky to have them.

Nakie baby morning cuddles.

Uncle B did get to take a quick beach break to swim with his niece.

So much love, these two. I think it's the doppleganger bellies.

Sweet, sweet niece.

Another day, another mermaid.

The BIRI State Beach scene. See that building back there? Our ice cream cones melted before we could even walk back to our spot.

View from our fancypants dinner at the Atlantic.

Hazel's face is priceless - like she's oh-so-over having this girl all up in her space.

Just two girls mad chillin.

The many faces of Hazelnut: the tongue

All smiles

Looking for mama

And more tongue

Slow ferry back to the mainland.

Our travels home were no seamless, but the Bean did get some awesome new pink princess headphones out of the deal (Alex bought those, for the record; I would never).

And I instantly felt better about the princesses when I spotted her intently watching Hillary speak.


And as I said before, we ended this Uncles Tour exhausted and glad to be home, but so incredibly happy and with full hearts after such wonderful QT with our favorite sibs and their fabulous wives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design